Staci Balbirer to Lead ISBA Panel on the Illinois Parentage Act
The Illinois State Bar Association’s (ISBA) “Family Law Toolkit - 2022 Edition” seminar will feature Aronberg Goldgehn’s Staci Balbirer on Friday, October 28. The event, designed for attorneys new to the family law practice, will be held in the ISBA Regional Office from 8:20 am to 6:30 pm CT. CLE credit is available.
Staci will join attorney Jessica Patchik of the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office in their session titled “Determining and Undoing Parentage under the Illinois Parentage Act.” The session will be held from 2:45 to 3:30 pm and will explore the statutory provisions that establish parentage under the following acts:
- The Adoption Act
- The Surrogacy Act
- The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity
- The Illinois Marriage and Dissolution Act
The full seminar will also share family law best practices for attorneys and attendees will walk away with an understanding of ways to better serve their clients, including:
- How to calculate child support maintenance
- How unemployment can impact support
- How to determine the division of property and debt
- The most common evidentiary issues faced by family law attorneys
Register for the event here.
Staci concentrates her practice in the area of divorce and family law that encompasses issues related to complex financial matters, the allocation of parental responsibilities, child support, maintenance, property division, pre-and post-nuptial agreements, orders of protection and international custody disputes.