Karen R. Mills to Expand on Guardianship and Estate Issues Concerning Veterans in a DCBA and DAWL Joint Veterans Day Program
Karen R. Mills and Jon Beidelschies, Hines Associate Director of Operations, will expand on the guardianship and estate planning issues facing the United States veteran community in a DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA) and DuPage Association of Women Lawyers (DAWL) joint webinar on Wednesday, November 11 from 12 - 3:30 pm CT.
Karen will join fellow legal professionals for a discussion of a variety of issues impacting veterans including:
- Reflections from the Greatest Generation Brown Bag Lunch
- Overview of the Legal Needs of Veterans & IL-AFLAN
- Adult Guardianship and Estate Issues Affecting Veterans
- DuPage Veterans Court Program Update
- Introduction to the 18th Circuit Eviction Mediation Program
- Housing Issues Faced by Vulnerable Veterans
This annual event is part of DCBA and DAWL’s Veterans Day CLE Program, offering 2.5 CLE credits for applicable participants upon completion of the program.
Karen concentrates her practice on estate planning, trust and estate administration, probate litigation, special needs planning, asset protection and guardianships for minors and disabled adults. Her practice also involves advising clients with respect to taxation, business and asset protection and long-term care planning.