John Sciaccotta Serving on the Faculty of the Chicago Bar Association's "Advanced Workshop For Improved Negotiation, Mediation and Advocacy Skills"
John Sciaccotta is serving on the faculty of the Chicago Bar Association’s “Advanced Workshop for Improved Negotiation, Mediation and Advocacy Skills – Sophisticated Strategies to Become a Better Advocate and Mediator.” From 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on March 3, 2020, John and his fellow panelists will present a mock mediation with examples and a discussion of best practices.
This intensive two-day workshop is for attorneys experienced in negotiation and mediation who want to improve their negotiation, mediation and advocacy skills. It will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on March 2 and March 3, 2020, at the CBA, 321 S. Plymouth, Chicago, IL.
The workshop will present cutting edge strategies for successful negotiation and advocacy and will provide insight on how to mediate difficult disputes. The presenters will discuss methods to resolve issues on their merits rather than through a haggling process. They will highlight strategies to employ which will allow you to be fair while negotiating, but will prevent you from being taken advantage of because of your fairness.
CLICK HERE for a full list of speakers, topics and registration details.
CLICK HERE for the full agenda. Topics that will be covered include:
- Common Elements of Successful Negotiation Strategy
- Separating Yourself From an Average Negotiator
- Mock Negotiations
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Being a Successful Mediator
- Mediation: Introduction, Winning Strategies and Goals
- Managing the Mediation
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Facilitative vs. Evaluative Methods of Mediation
- Strategies for Success
In addition to Aronberg Goldgehn Member John C. Sciaccotta, other faculty members include:
- Hon. Thomas R. Mulroy, Supervising Judge, Mandatory Arbitration Program, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Prof. Daniel Gandert, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Prof. Katheryn M. Dutenhaver, DePaul College of Law
- Ashley Rafael, General Counsel, Midway Moving & Storage, Inc.
- Ajay Shah, CEO, Globetrotters Engineering Corporation
- Hon. Wayne R. Anderson (ret.), JAMS
- Hon. Morton Denlow (ret.), JAMS
- Nina Fain, Trust Counsel, JSS Family Trusts
- Hon. James F. Holderman (ret.), JAMS
- John Levitsky, Senior Managing Director, Ankura
John has nearly 35 years of trial and litigation experience advocating for clients in complex civil litigation, arbitration, mediation and business counseling matters with a special emphasis on complex civil trial and appellate cases brought in federal and state courts and tribunals throughout the United States. In addition, John has been appointed as a Neutral Arbitrator and Mediator for many years to resolve and arbitrate business related disputes. John represents publicly and privately held domestic and foreign business entities, lenders, employers, municipalities, government bodies and individuals in transactional matters and disputes.