John C. Sciaccotta Co-Leads American Law Institute CLE Event Regarding Business Valuation Insights
Aronberg Goldgehn’s John C. Sciaccotta will share insights on business valuation in litigation at the American Law Institute CLE event on Wednesday, November 29.
The presentation titled “Business Valuation in Litigation: 10 Things You Need to Know” will be held virtually from 11 – 12 pm CT and will analyze important business valuation reporting standards for partnership disputes that result in litigation.
Topics will include:
- Why valuation in a business dispute is not only about the numbers
- Why wide variations in assessments sometimes occur – even by the valuers
- Best practices to involve the expert early and broadly in case strategy
- How the process of valuation may lead to other issues
- An overview of methodologies
- Factoring in factors beyond the numbers – valuing how a company works
- How to present valuation in litigation
- Why the right expert may help to prevent expensive litigation in a business divorce
- How to vet the right expert for your case
- How to help your expert be great at trial
Illinois MCLE credit is available for those who attend.
For more information and to register for the event, visit the American Law Institute website here.
John serves on Aronberg Goldgehn’s Executive Management Committee and is the Founder and Co-Chair of the CBA’s Business Divorce and Complex Ownership Dispute Resolution Group. With more than 35 years of trial and litigation experience, he is a trusted advocate for clients throughout matters of arbitration, complex civil litigation and mediation and business counseling.