John C. Sciaccotta and Alan S. Wernick to Coach Industry Professionals in CBA Mediation and Negotiation Workshop
John C. Sciaccotta and Alan S. Wernick will share insights regarding mediation and negotiation in the Chicago Bar Association’s “Advanced Workshop for Improved Negotiation and Mediation Skills: Sophisticated Strategies for In-Person and Virtual Mediation” beginning November 18.
The program will allow participants to grow their mediation and negotiation skills at their own pace, with opportunity to earn CLE credit and a certificate upon completion of the entire course by December 19.
- John and Alan will join fellow attorneys and judges in presentations including:
- Common Elements of Successful Negotiation Strategy and the Use of Zoom
- Mediator’s Strategies for Success
- How to be an Effective Mediator on Zoom
- Mediation: Introduction, Successful Strategies and Virtual Mediation
- Traits of a Successful Mediator
- Mock Mediation
- Managing the Mediation
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Handling Difficult Situations in the In-Person and Virtual Mediation
- Separating Yourself from an Average Mediator
- Technical Specifics and the Advance Use of Zoom to Mediate
- Mock Mediation and the Virtual Mediation
- Facilitative vs. Evaluative Methods of Mediation
- The Future of Mediation
- Privacy and Cybersecurity Issues
Register for the workshop here.
John has nearly 35 years of trial and litigation experience advocating for clients in complex civil litigation, arbitration, mediation and business counseling matters with a special emphasis on complex civil trial and appellate cases brought in federal and state courts and tribunals throughout the United States.
Alan is a business transactions attorney, with a background in accounting and technology, focusing on matters of information technology, privacy/cybersecurity and intellectual property law. His in-depth experience as a seasoned legal counselor and advocate, arbitrator and mediator and as a bridge builder among business, technology and intellectual property communities is well respected by individuals across professional industries.