Alan S. Wernick to Share Privacy and Cybersecurity Compliance Insights at OSBA Corporate Counsel Institute
Alan S. Wernick will discuss privacy compliance and cybersecurity risks throughout two panels of the Ohio State Bar Association’s (OSBA) Corporate Counsel Institute on November 5.
The event will be a live interactive webinar with the opportunity to be in-person in Columbus, Ohio.
In “Managing Privacy Compliance Across Jurisdictions,” held at 12:30 pm ET, Alan will join Mark Webber, Managing Partner at Fieldfisher, to discuss the evolving law and strategies to manage privacy developments including:
• Data management
• Dealing with transparency
• Vendor management
• International data transfers
• Responding to a cybersecurity event
• Takeaways from recent law enforcement efforts
Alan’s following presentation, “Hot Topics in Compliance and Risk Management,” will be held at 2:15 pm ET in which he will discuss:
• Questions in-house counsel should be asking their internal and/or external technology service providers about privacy/cybersecurity
• Today’s top privacy/cybersecurity risks
• Proactive and preventative steps in-house counsel should take to mitigate privacy/cybersecurity threats
• Top three action items after learning a business has experienced a cyberattack
Registration for the event can be found here.
Subject to applicable CLE rules and requirements, CLE credit will be available upon completion of the event as noted in the registration brochure.
Alan S. Wernick is an experienced business transactions attorney, advocate and arbitrator/mediator handling legal matters for businesses in the areas of information technology, privacy/cybersecurity and intellectual property law.