John C. Sciaccotta Serving on the Faculty of the CBA's "Advanced Workshop for Improved Negotiation and Mediation Skills: Sophisticated Strategies for In-Person and Virtual Mediation
Aronberg Goldgehn attorney John C. Sciaccotta is serving on the faculty of the Chicago Bar Association’s “Advanced Workshop for Improved Negotiation and Mediation Skills: Sophisticated Strategies for In-Person and Virtual Mediation” program.
Taking place from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on November 11 and 12, 2020, this intensive, virtual workshop on negotiation and mediation is for anyone who wants to improve his/her negotiation and mediation skills.
The workshop will present cutting-edge strategies for successful negotiation and advocacy and will provide insight on how to mediate difficult disputes. The presenters will discuss methods to resolve issues on their merits rather than through a haggling process. They will highlight strategies for attendees to employ in order to remain fair – but not taken advantage of - while negotiating.
John will co-present two workshop sessions:
“How to be an Effective Mediator on Zoom” from 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020.
“Mock Mediation and the Virtual Mediation” from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020.
Additional Workshop Sessions
- Common Elements of Successful Negotiation Strategy and the Use of Zoom
- Mediator's Strategies for Success
- Mediation: Introduction, Successful Strategies and Virtual Mediation
- Traits of a Successful Mediator
- Mock Mediation
- Managing the Mediation
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Handling Difficult Situations in the In-Person and Virtual Mediation
- Separating Yourself From an Average Mediator
- Technical Specifics and the Advance Use of Zoom to Mediate
- Facilitative vs. Evaluative Methods of Mediation
- The Future of Mediation
A certificate of completion will be issued by The Chicago Bar Association, which will qualify participants to act as an arbitrator in the Circuit Court of Cook County Commercial Section, Mandatory Arbitration Program. The program also satisfies the training requirement necessary to join the CBA Mediation Program.
In addition to Aronberg Goldgehn Member John C. Sciaccotta, other faculty members include:
- Maryam Ahmad, Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney; CBA President
- Hon. Wayne R. Andersen (ret.), JAMS
- Hon. Morton Denlow (ret.), JAMS
- Prof. Katheryn M. Dutenhaver, DePaul College of Law
- Prof. William Elward, DePaul College of Law
- Prof. Daniel Gandert, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Hon. William J. Haddad (ret.), ADR Systems
- Eli Hart, River CityMedia
- Hon. Thomas Hogan (ret.), TLH Consulting Corporation
- Hon. James F. Holderman (ret.), JAMS
- Pari Karim, Training Director, Center for Conflict Resolution
- Hon. Thomas R. Mulroy, Supervising Judge, Mandatory Arbitration Program, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Ashley Rafael, General Counsel, Midway Moving & Storage, Inc.
- Ajay Shah, CEO, Globetrotters Engineering Corporation
- Greta Weathersby, WEC Energy Group, Inc.
Program Cost and Registration
CLE Advantage Members/Law Students: $525
CBA Member: $525
CLICK HERE to register.
John has nearly 35 years of trial and litigation experience advocating for clients in complex civil litigation, arbitration, mediation and business counseling matters with a special emphasis on complex civil trial and appellate cases brought in federal and state courts and tribunals throughout the United States. In addition, John has been appointed as a Neutral Arbitrator and Mediator for many years to resolve and arbitrate business related disputes. John represents publicly and privately held domestic and foreign business entities, lenders, employers, municipalities, government bodies and individuals in transactional matters and disputes