Amy is Co-Chair of Aronberg Goldgehn's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including claims involving shareholder disputes, fraud, consumer fraud, breach of contract, and real estate.
She also defends local and national employers in litigation and administrative proceedings involving claims by employees for discrimination, retaliation, violation of state and federal wage and hour laws, and worker misclassification. Amy’s employment practice encompasses assisting businesses with the protection of their assets and trade secrets by pursuing claims against former employees for breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of non-competition agreements. Amy counsels employers on a wide-range of employment matters, such as employment policies, compliance with state and federal employment laws, internal investigations, terminations, and classification of independent contractors/employees.
Amy has been instrumental in the firm’s growth of its labor and employment practice. She makes it a priority to stay current on changes in the law, emerging trends in the employment context, and how those changes and trends impact her clients.
Amy represents a broad range of clients, including restaurants, banks, national non-profit organizations, closely-held businesses, physicians and medical groups, general contractors, energy companies, manufacturers, distributors, real estate developers and retailers.
She also serves as an arbitrator for the Cook County mandatory arbitration program.
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
An experienced speaker and author on employment law topices, Amy has presented on and written about the Cook County Earned Sick Leave Ordinance and Chicago Paid Sick Leave Ordinance, and completed a thorough guide to both. Specifically, these were:
- Author, "Chicago Paid Sick Leave: Are You Feeling the Pain," in The Administrators Advantage published by the Greater Chicago Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators, November/December 2017 edition.
- Speaker, "The Cure to All of Your Paid Sick Leave Ordinance Aches and Pains," at a Chicago Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators seminar, August 1, 2017.
- Author, “Is Your Business Prepared to Comply with the Cook County and City of Chicago Paid Sick Leave Ordinances That Become Effective July 1, 2017?”, June 8, 2017.
She has also presented:
- "2018 Employment Law Hotspots - ADA Website Accessibility, Marijuana in the Workplace and Ban the Box Laws," a private client seminar, April 17, 2018.
- “Employment Law: Highlights From 2017 and Beyond” to The Decalogue Society of Lawyers, September 27, 2017.
- "Arbitration v. Litigation: A True Hobson's Choice," to the Association of Corporate Counsel, 2012.
In addition, Amy has been invited on several occasions to be a guest lecturer at Chicago-Kent College of law to discuss the topics of attorney billing and discovery in the Illinois court system.
Amy joined Aronberg Goldgehn as a law clerk in 2006 and, upon graduation from law school, as an associate in 2007. She became a Member/Partner in the firm in January 2015.
In July 2017 she was listed in Crain's Custom Media's inaugural edition of The Most Influential Women Lawyers in Chicago.
From 2015-2018, Amy has been recognized annually as an Emerging Lawyer in Commercial Litigation and Employment Law by Illinois Leading Lawyers, and from 2010 through 2018 as a Rising Star in Business Litigation by Illinois Super Lawyers.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (Student Mentor)
- Co-Chair, Commercial Litigation Group
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2007
DePaul University, B.S., Finance, with honors, 2004
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Included in The Most Influential Women Lawyers in Chicago list published by Crain's (2017)
- Recognized as an Emerging Lawyer in Commercial Litigation by Illinois Leading Lawyers (2015-2018)
- Named a Rising Star in Business Litigation by Illinois Super Lawyers (2010-2018)
- CALI Award for Trial Advocacy (2007)
- CALI Award for Legal Writing (2006)
Amy is well traveled, having been to Greece, Israel, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Chile, Australia, Croatia and the Czech Republic, among other places. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family (including her husband and young daughter), working out, snow skiing, ice skating, and hiking. She is also a self-described ‘foodie’ and enjoys trying new restaurants, cooking and baking.
What is your favorite thing about working at Aronberg Goldgehn? I love the team atmosphere and always having someone to bounce an idea off of.
What is one item on your bucket list? Traveling to Bora Bora because it looks incredibly serene and beautiful.
What would you be doing if you weren’t a lawyer? I would be a professional event planner because I love to plan and host parties.
What is your favorite place in Chicago? The Lakefront.
What is the best vacation you’ve ever been on? The Greek islands.
What is your favorite restaurant? There are too many to choose from, but my latest obsession is GT Fish & Oyster.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I competitively figure skated for 15 years.